It’s no secret that I have a pretty severe ice cream addiction. To illustrate how badly this craving can get: when I was in Lapland a few years ago and it was around -10 degrees, I was the crazy women walking around with a Magnum in my hands. (Don’t judge.)
Of course, eating ice cream on a daily basis (guilty as charged) can’t exactly be called healthy… So for my fellow addicts and inspired by my Sister and colleague Koen, the wonders of home made healthy ice cream alternatives came to my attention. And so the experimenting began.
WHAT YOU NEED
• Fruit (banana, berries, kiwi, mango)
• A blender (yup very essential)
• Home freezer
As my addiction goes deep, it’s probably not a surprise I’ve already tried out a few variants. But the steps are pretty much the same for each of them.
1. Cut your chosen piece of fruit into slices and put them in the freezer.
2. Before you want to treat yourself with a ‘frozen yoghurt minus the yoghurt’ (I should really find a better name) get your fruit out of the freezer for about 2 minutes.
3. Just throw your frozen fruit into the blender, add a bit of (soya) milk and hit the button. Don’t. Forget. The. Cap.
MANGO & BANANANA
BANANA, MANGO & STRAWBERRY
For this one I’ve used non-frozen mango. I forget to put it in the freezer. (Well, actually I had put it in the fridge instead. It was an early morning and I was still half asleep…) But anyway, I couldn’t wait so I just used it non-frozen. Pretty damn good as well!
Obviously I have plenty of more combos to try out. And trust me when I say I will. So more variations will follow for sure.
Now tell me, what’s you guilty pleasure? Anything you can’t pass by without grabbing it like a crazy hormonal woman?