Hello foodies! I decided to add a new category to the blog about food and sweets (booyah!). I simply enjoy eating and taking pictures of tasty-lookin’ food, and as you know the blog is also about simply enjoying life.
For example, last Sunday I was feeling in the mood for brownies. Heck I’m in the mood for brownies every day but my skin and chocolate aren’t the bestest of friends (sad panda face). Anyway, I wanted to give myself a guilty pleasure so I made some anyway. Don’t be surprised if you see me next week with a giant zit.
Let the baking begin!
1. Preheat your oven to 180ºC/350ºF
2. Ideally, take a rectangular baking tin, but a round one will do the work too. Add a piece of baking paper so the brownie mix won’t stick to the tray afterwards.
3. Lay the chocolate on a fresh kitchen towl, fold together and smash up the chocolate into small pieces. (Warning: this can work therapeutic.)
9. Add some extra almond flakes on top and put this little piece of heaven in the oven for about 25 minutes. Unlike cake you want the inside to stay moist. So when you put in a knife, you don’t want it to come out all clean. (Yes you can double-check so you can eat the leftovers of the knife twice.)
10. Now the hardest part, take the big brownie out of the oven and allow it to cool off in the tray. (Resist. The. Smell. People!).
Once cooled off, carefully transfer to a large chopping board and cut into chunky squares and keep a brownie eating contest with your boyfriend/girlfriend/friend/Mom/Dad to see how much pieces of brownie you can put into your mouth. Or just slowly enjoy piece per piece… your pick. ^^
Bon appétit and let me know if you would like to see more of these posts.