Take 5 bloggers and 1 very talented foodblogger. Gently stur until you get a nice mix. Slowly add lots of drinks, delicious food, a couple of pies and a gozillion flowers, all into a bowl and mix together. Put everything together on a lovely marble plate, finish off with a couple of presents, and you’ll get yourself an amazeballs sunny afternoon brunch at Amylia of Cookameal.
C’mon, that’s the perfect way to describe our brunch date at Amylia’s. I’m even impressed a little with my clever description :p
I was as happy as a little bird to get invited to her (amazing-looking) table, and for good reason as it turned out. Regardless of that, I really want to encourage you to go have a peek at her blog, because she simply makes the best plates. And yup, also at our place we’ve already tried a couple of her dishes (remember this one).
ON THE MENU
• Apero: limoncello, prosecco, mint and rasberries
• Tartare of tomato and strawberry
• Bruschetta with pea & mint + bruschetta with cottage cheese and tomato
• Stromboli with yellow tomato
• Asparagus salad with lemon-hazelnut dressing
• Eggplant salad
• Spinach pesto
• Infused water: raspberry-blueberry-lemon, grapefruit mint and lemon/ginger
• Cheesecake on top of crumbled speculoos
• Chocolate pie with a filling of chocolate mousse
• Banoffee pie filled with bananas and caramel (my god I’m drooling)
Obviously you don’t only wanna hear about the menu, you wanna see it as well. So if you missed the pics on Instagram and Facebook, not to worry: I’ve gathered my favorites for this article because they’re just too damn delicious to let go to waste.
WELCOME TO DESSERT HEAVEN
Group pictures by Amylia’s hubby.
Seeing anything you like? Who I’m a kidding, of course you do! Look at those plates. Little pieces of heaven! Damn I’m hungry again. Amylia, when are you opening your restaurant? I’d love to become a regular ^^
Now, put back your thong in your mouth, click through to Cookameal and get into that kitchen of yours!