Who’s ready for some cute nails?! I’ll assume everyone is shouting ‘Me! Me!’ so I’ll just get started. ;-)
What you need
• White nail polish
• Red nail polish
• Black nail polish
• Artwork pencil
• Top coat
• Optional: glitters
1. Start applying white nail polish on your thumb and ring finger. Let them dry and apply a second coat.
2. Paint the remaining fingers with your red nail polish. Let dry and apply a second coat.
3. Take the red nail polish and put a drop on a piece of plastic. Take the artwork pen and use it to draw a little bow. Start by making an oval shape in the middle of your nail. Then add the two sides. We’ve all made enough butterflies when we were little right?! Just pretend it’s a butterfly for now.
4. Once dry, use the black polish and your artwork pen to draw a line around your red bow to create edges. Let this dry again.
5. Finish of the bow by applying some dots within the red area. It will instantly give you a cute little red bow with cute polka dots.
6. The hardest part is done so jump around a bit (carefully) and take some time to relax. In the meanwhile your über awesome bow will have some extra time to dry.
7. Now we’ll finish off the remaining nails. Do this by applying white dots on your red nails. I’ve applied big dots on my pinky and index finger and smaller dots on my middle finger to get some more dynamic and depth. But you can just do whatever feels right to you. ;-)
8. If this is done, do a similar thing for your white painted ring finger. This time, use your black nail polish. Almost done girls…
9. If you feel like going a bit crazy (like me), add some (subtle) glitters to one of your red painted nails.
10. Apply a top coat, let dry and enjoy your cutest nails ever!
Have fun and good luck sweeties! :-) Feel free to share a picture of your try out below or tag me in your Instagram picture or tweet (@aurelievanhoute). Would love to see the result. ^^