Let’s go back in time for a second. *makes some Star Trek noises* All the way back to my night at Yapado’s Bloggers United event. We could all pick out a few extra items that we wanted to try out and one of the things I picked, were the Elegant Touch nails and the Super Adhesive Tabs.
Truth be told, I was a bit sceptic at first. I’ve never been a fan of fake nails but the amazing color totally convinced me to give them a try.
Using them turned out to be really simple. It only took me about 15 minutes (and that’s including the slow motion poses to take shots of everything). Which makes this perfect for some S.O.S. I need beautiful nails ASAP scenarios.
What you need
• Elegant Touch Fake nails in a color of your choice
• Adhesive tabs to attach them on your nails
• A nail file
You basically only need the package, because all these things are included. (So you don’t need glue as pictured above. And not even the Super Adhesive Tabs I also picked out to try.) BUT as I am a blogger and like to experiment, I did end up using these Super Adhesive Tabs on one hand and the ‘normal’ tabs on the other side, to test if they’re better or not.
For those who want to try it out for themselves, this is how I applied them:
1. Let’s start with the most obvious, by removing any old nail polish. And yes, shine-through nail polish is still nail polish, ladies. So go and remove it all.
2. The package itself recommends to push back your cuticles. I personally didn’t do this because there not really in the way. You’ll probably know best yourself. (Just think if they are in the way when you paint your nails or not. Same principle.)
3. Take the fake nails out of the package and pick out the best matching size for each finger. While doing this, keep in mind that just like with nail polish, you want to stay away a little bit of the edges. You don’t want your fake nail to be bigger than your real nail.
10. Now do the exact same for your other hand and you’re done! Oh yes, do stay away from water for about 30 minutes. Then you’re really done! ;-)
After having done my nails, I did a lot of cleaning in the apartment (smart of me I know) but surprisingly, the fake nails didn’t fell off. And I wasn’t being extra careful or anything. I also didn’t notice a difference between the Super Adhesive Tabs and the original tabs — which is very positive in my eyes.
One downside for me personally was the size of the fake nails. I have rather small and long nails, while the fake nails were fairly wide. So I actually wanted to use the same size for my ring and index finger, because the others weren’t really fitting. But I couldn’t because they were only two of them in the set and I have two hands. This made some nails too big for my fingers. Eventually, the first one falling off was one of those.
Anyhow, still a great product which can give you pretty nails in only minutes. Elegant Touch has also some amazing colors, which makes it perfect to quickly have a certain color without having to buy yet another nail polish bottle.
Can’t wait to try this out yourself? You can buy your own set here or in stores like Kruidvat and Di.