With Halloween being just around the corner, I’m gonna use it as the perfect excuse to do something totally different with my nails. No cute flowers, dots or anything abstract this time but some real Halloween vibes to totally get into the mood for this holiday.
Doing this is quite easy. Just follow my lead and I’m sure you’ll end up with a cool result.
What you need
• Dark nail polish
• White nail polish
• Orange or Red (whichever you prefer)
• Artwork pencil
1. Start applying your dark nail polish as a base. Let them dry and apply a second coat.
3. Take the white color and put a drop on a piece of plastic. Take the artwork pen and use it to draw a little arrow shape as shown on the picture below.
4. Now take the orange or red color (whichever your prefer) and put a drop on a piece of plastic. Use the artwork pen to write a letter on each nail. I went for the word Boo! because it’s simply said, cute. Creepy funny cute of course. The best kind. (Although a yawning little kitten is also pretty darn cute.)
Obviously, you can use any word matching your costume or the theme, consisting out of 4 or 5 letters. For instance: iwant/candy, dead, dark/days, meow, ghost, scary, gimme/candy … whatever floats your boat.
7. Once this is done, repeat these steps for your other hand and you’ve got yourself some awesome Halloween nails.
Use a topcoat to finish off and get that smooth surface effect. I didn’t do this right away because I was really running late for a date with my girls. But it really will make your result extra pretty.
Now there is only one thing left to do… Enjoy Halloween and spook some people! ;-)
Much creepiness. x